Important information for customers and clients experiencing power outages due to severe weather in New South Wales.
Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the New South Wales floods.
The MyConnect team wants to let all our partners and customers know that our customer care team is available on 1300 854 478 during regular business times of 8 am-8 pm Monday-Friday & 10 am-4 pm Saturday.
- Ausgrid: Inner, northern, and eastern metropolitan Sydney and surrounds.
- Endeavour Energy: Southern and western metropolitan Sydney and surrounds including the Blue Mountains and the Illawarra.
If you or a loved one are on life support and experiencing a power outage, please refer to Energy Australia's outage checklist below. If an unplanned power outage results in a life-threatening situation, call 000 and request an ambulance immediately.
- have an action plan to ensure life support machines operate normally
- keep a backup power source ready for life support equipment, such as a battery or a generator, and check it regularly.
- know what to do when a life support machine stops working
- keep a mobile phone charged and subscribe to power outage notifications from distributors (where available).
- try to get access to a telephone that doesn’t require power to operate and a battery-operated radio to keep up to date with restoring power supply during severe weather events.
- make sure you have important information such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers of your doctor, the nearest hospital, and family and friends who can help you.
- consider making an emergency plan for extended outages and emergencies with your doctor.
- keep a torch with working batteries handy at all times
- get in touch with your distributor on the emergency line
Please stay safe and follow any instructions from local authorities and alerts.